martes, 9 de septiembre de 2008

I have done things, seen things, known things.

I've met coward kings and self righteous tyrants
I've met brave field marshalls and heroes of might
But I've never met one like You.

I've seen people die at the kings heavy hand
But I've never seen a king die out of love for his people

I've seen gods punish men for mere entertainment
But I've never seen a god punish himself for men's mistakes

I've seen blood bieng spilled over child-like arguments
But I've never seen blood bieng spilled to save a child-like mankind

I've read of the great tales of old, the heroes and the villains
But I've never read of carpenters, fishermen or tax collectors

I've had my share of love in different faces and beds
But I never knew the kind of love that would save my soul and everyone else's

But then again, I've never met anyone like You.

No hay comentarios: