jueves, 27 de noviembre de 2008

On how our paths will differ



How could I give you anything less than my all? How could I expect to receive what I'm not giving? Maybe it is the mundane thing to do, receive without giving, but there's a part of me that hates that one sided relationship more than it loves your attention. It is not in me to be by your side soaking in all that you give me, when I know deep inside me that i cannot do the same for you. Not now, not today. It is fine by me you may say, but i know you don't mean it. I rather split our roads now than take you down with me later on. Down to regrets and hurtfulness I hope you understand me, I hope I understand you. You told me Im nothing like the other people you've met, well this is me being that person. Im trying to do the right thing, trying not to hurt you in the process. Im sorry I cannot be like anyone else who would rather keep going and wreck it all in his path, Im sorry I have to be like this. I just hope you can look back and understand that I did care for you that day, that I stopped my words to avoid the hurt, that i looked away so I could save what little i had from you in my heart. And maybe, our paths will cross again and we'll understand that we did the right thing, that we had fun, that we tried to give it all, even though one of us failed.

No hay comentarios: